Organic Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Donuts
These treats are vegan, guilt-free and delicious! Make them for a party, weekend or for a mid-afternoon snack. Why not? They’re so good, you won’t be able to have just one.
- 3 tbsp (45ml) milled organic flax seed
- 3/4 cup (175ml) organic apple cider
- 3/4 cup (175ml) organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) organic almond flour
- 3 tbsp (45ml) organic arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) organic baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) organic baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) each organic cinnamon, organic allspice and organic kosher or organic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) organic nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cup (300ml) cooked and mashed organic sweet potato (about 2 small potatoes)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) organic apple cider vinegar
Maple Glaze Ingredients
- 1-1/4 cup (300ml) organic maple sugar
- 2 tsp – 1tbsp (10ml-15ml) organic coconut milk or nut milk
- Decorate with organic sprinkles or organic dried flower petals or drizzle with organic chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine flax seed and apple cider; let sit for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, whisk together coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, salt and nutmeg; pour into wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in sweet potato, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vinegar to flax mixture.
- Scrape into a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip.
- Brush two donut pans with coconut oil and pipe mixture equally into each donut mold.
- Alternately, mixture can be piped directly onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake donuts for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely before dipping into maple glaze.
- To prepare glaze; ensure your blender is thoroughly dry; blend maple sugar on high speed until sugar is powdered. Pour into a bowl and add 2 tsp or up to 1tbsp coconut milk to reach desired glaze consistency. Dip tops of donuts, decorate as desired and let set.
- Will keep for up to three days lightly covered.
1 donut– Calories : 260 kcal, Protein: 4 grams, Fat: 6 grams, Carbohydrates: 47 grams, Fibre : 4 grams, Sodium : 195 mg