Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl
Have dessert first! This creamy and satisfying smoothie has lots of tangy natural sweetness and spiced aromas of fall.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) coarsely chopped peeled
- carrots (about 2)
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond milk
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) ice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raw cashews, soaked*
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pitted dates (about 6)
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ginger
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) sea salt
- Carrot ribbons
- Coconut chips
- Puffed quinoa
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into bowls and serve topped with carrot ribbons, coconut chips, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, and puffed quinoa.
- Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) rinsed cashews in a bowl with 1 cup (250 mL) filtered water; let soak for 2hrs up to overnight. To make carrot ribbons, run a peeler along length of carrot to make ribbon strips.
Per 1/4 of the Recipe (Calculated with 6 Carrot Strips and 15ml of each of the toppings) – Calories: 470 kcal, Protein: 11 grams, Fat: 22 grams, Carbohydrate: 59 grams, Fibre: 9 grams, Sodium: 450 mg