Fresh Organic Pizza Wrap
Want the taste of pizza but not the extra carbs? These pizza inspired wraps are a healthy and delicious alternative to satisfy your cravings.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced assorted organic mushrooms
- 3 tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp organic olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp each organic salt and pepper
- 1 (210g) brick of sriracha smoked or smoked organic tofu, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded organic mozzarella
- 1 cup thinly sliced organic green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced organic yellow pepper
- 2 organic tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced organic red onion
- 1/4 cup organic basil leaves
- 8 organic coconut wraps
- 1/2 cup organic sundried tomatoes
- 1 large organic plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp each fresh organic basil and organic oregano
- 1 tbsp each fresh organic rosemary and organic thyme
- 1 clove organic garlic
- Note: if you are on a time crunch you can skip the sauce making steps and just buy premade organic tomato sauce at your local health food store.
- Combine mushrooms, vinegar, 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, pulse sundried tomatoes, plum tomato, 2 tbsp olive oil, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and garlic to a paste.
- Spread 1 tbsp tomato sauce mixture on centre of wrap; layer with 1/4 cup tofu, 3 tbsp shredded mozzarella, about 2 tbsp of mushroom mix, a few slices each green pepper, yellow pepper, tomatoes, red onion and a few basil leaves. Roll up wrap leaving ends open.
- Serve immediately.
1 wrap– Calories: 291 kcal, Protein: 11 grams, Fat: 19 grams, Carbohydrates: 18 grams, Fibre: 4 grams, Sodium: 330 mg