Key Lime Kefir Pudding
Avocado and chia meal flour make healthy fibre rich alternatives to conventional starch and eggs in puddings. If chia meal flour is not available, simply blend chia seeds in a high powered blender or spice grinder to a flour texture. Find coconut chips in the healthy snack aisle of the health food store.
- 3 (750ml) cups kefir
- 1 medium avocado, chopped (about 1 cup, 250ml)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey1 tbsp (15ml) chia meal flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) lime zest
- 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut chips
- 2 tbsp (30ml) roasted almonds
- In a blender, combine kefir, avocado, lime juice, honey, chia flour and lime zest and blend to a smooth texture.
- Pour into 6 glasses or bowls and chill covered for 20 minutes to set.
- Crush or process coconut chips and almonds together to a coarse crumb.
- Top puddings with coconut whipped cream and coconut almond crumbs to serve.
Per serving – Calories : 192 kcal, Protein: 6 grams, Fat: 10 grams, Carbohydrates: 21 grams, Fibre : 3 grams, Sodium : 60 mg