Kimchi and Zucchini Pad Thai
The sweet and sour tamarind sauce balances perfectly with spicy kimchi and smoked tofu. If you don’t have a spiralizer, run a peeler along length of zucchini to make large ribbons and slice into strands with a knife to resemble noodles. Alternatively, try using a julienne peeler available at kitchen stores.
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized (about 4 cups, 1L)
- 1-1/2 (375ml) cups kimchi, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) diced smoked tofu
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30ml) crushed peanuts
- 2 lime wedges
- 3 tbsp (45ml) almond butter
- 2 tbsp (30ml) tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) fish sauce
- In a bowl, whisk together almond butter, tamarind paste, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and fish sauce.
- Toss with zucchini, kimchi and tofu.
- Divide between two plates and garnish with cilantro, bean sprouts, peanuts and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Per Portion – Calories : 206 kcal, Protein : 9 grams, Fat: 10 grams, Carbohydrates: 21.5 grams, Fibre : 5 grams, Sodium : 764.5 mg