Matcha Almond Butter Cups
A comforting, guilt-free snack option using all organic ingredients that bursts with velvety, exquisite flavour.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cocoa butter, divided
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk powder or milk powder
- 1 tbsp good quality matcha powder
Almond butter filling:
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a medium heatproof bowl, melt 3/4 cup cocoa butter over a small saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in remaining cocoa butter until melted. (Note: do not skip this step as it tempers the cocoa butter and allows it to set properly.) Whisk in icing sugar, coconut milk powder and matcha powder. Fill mini muffin paper cups with 1 tsp cocoa butter mixture and chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt until thickened and holds together in a ball. Place generous 1/2 tsp portions into center of each cocoa butter cup, flattening lightly but leaving a small space around edge. Top each cup with 2 tsp cocoa butter mix. Place back into freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or keep chilled in the fridge.
Per 1 Cup of the Recipe – Calories: 105 kcal, Protein: 1 grams, Fat: 10 grams, Carbohydrate: 4 grams, Sodium: 40 mg