Miso Tofu Bites
These are the perfect little bite-sized appetizers to share with friends and family while you are finishing up dinner preparations. You can easily double the recipe to make enough for a crowd.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds
- Half a 350 g pkg extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sodium reduced tamari
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white miso paste
- In a small dry skillet, toast sesame seeds, shaking pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until light golden. Remove to shallow bowl and let cool.
- Cut tofu into about 36 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes and pat dry.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium high heat and add cubed tofu. Cook tofu, shaking pan often for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari and miso paste. Add to skillet and toss until tofu is coated and well glazed. Remove from heat.
- Pierce each cube with a toothpick and roll bottom or sides into sesame seeds. Place on serving platter or board to enjoy!
- Alternately, you can toss the cubes with the sesame seeds in the pan, then serve them up with toothpicks on the side.
- These little bites would be a perfect addition as a salad topper or croutons.
Per 3 Bites of the Recipe – Calories: 35 cal, Protein: 3 grams, Fat: 3 grams, Carbohydrate: 1 grams, Sodium: 134 mg