Pumpkin Pie Bites
Celebrate Organic Week with these delicious Pumpkin Pie Bites. Using all organic ingredients, these treats are a perfect seasonal snack.
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup organic hemp hearts
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup Xylitol or Lakanto (monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
For the crust:
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 3 tbsp organic coconut sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- Whipped coconut cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 24 mini muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a bowl combine coconut flour, coconut sugar and oil. Measure 1 teaspoon into each mini muffin cup, flatten into bottoms with a small spoon or fingers. Set aside.
- In a high powered blender or food processor, purée pumpkin, hemp hearts, eggs, sweetener, coconut oil, pie spice, vanilla, lemon juice and salt until very smooth.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 13 to 15 minutes until just lightly puffed, but centres are still wobbly.
- Let cool completely before serving. Best enjoyed chilled and topped with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice.
Per 1 Bite of the Recipe – Calories: 70 kcal, Protein: 1 grams, Fat: 5 grams, Carbohydrate: 5 grams, Fibre: 1 gram, Sodium: 30 mg