Salted Caramel Frosted Brownies
Try out these delectable salted caramel frosted brownies, made with organic ingredients. Eating organic isn’t just about fruits and veggies, get creative and let us know what your favourite organic treats are.
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped organic dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic oat flour
- 1/2 cup organic raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 cup cold solid organic coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup organic raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Xylitol or Lakanto (monk fruit sweetener)
- 4 organic Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Not all brands of coconut milk are the same. For best results, look for ones without the emulsifier guar gum in the ingredient list or shake cans of full fat coconut milk to find solidified coconut cream and very little water. Ensure coconut cream is very cold for best results.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl combine chocolate, coconut flour, oat flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Fold into wet ingredients. Spread into baking pan evenly and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly puffed, but centre is still wobbly.
- Let brownies cool in pan, then cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour before frosting.
- Remove brownie from pan and spread with frosting. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt. Slice into 16 equal pieces.
- For frosting: whip coconut milk, cocoa powder, and sweetener on high speed with a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- For caramel: blend pitted dates and boiling water together using an immersion blender or blender until very smooth.
Per Square of the Recipe – Calories: 185 cal, Protein: 3 grams, Fat: 11 grams, Carbohydrate: 20 grams, Fibre: 6 grams, Sodium: 170 mg