Savoury Organic Bliss Balls
These two bite balls may be small but they really pack a punch. Filled with plant-based proteins, like chickpeas and pumpkin seeds, they’re healthy and delicious.
- 1 (398ml) can organic chickpeas
- 1 cup (250ml) shelled organic raw pistachios
- 1/4 cup (60ml) organic tahini
- 1 tbsp (15ml) dried organic fine herbs
- 1 tsp (5ml) organic kosher or organic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) each organic garlic and organic onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) red pepper flakes (or more for increased heat)
- Juice and zest of 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) organic coconut oil, melted
- Choice of organic hemp hearts, dried organic coconut, organic sesame seeds, organic chia seeds and/or organic flax seeds for coating the balls
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, pistachios, tahini, herbs, salt, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and zest. Pulse to coarse paste. Remove to a bowl; stir in pumpkin seeds and coconut oil.
- Roll into 1 tbsp sized balls and coat in choice of hemp hearts, seeds or coconut.
- Keep covered and refrigerated for up to one week or place in the freezer for up to six weeks.
- Serve as a snack, in a bento box, or on a fresh salad.
- They can also be made nut free by swapping out the cup of pistachios for a cup of pumpkin seeds.
1 Bliss Ball (coated with hemp hearts) – Calories: 97 kcal, Protein: 3 grams, Fat: 7 grams, Carbohydrates: 6 grams, Fibre: 2 grams, Sodium: 95 mg